Insurance Insight Inc. (Formerly WALKAWAY Canada Inc.), is headquartered in Oakville, Ontario and is an insurance brokerage specializing in providing automotive manufacturers and dealerships in North America and around the world with high-quality insurance-based products and technology solutions. As the exclusive provider of WALKAWAY products and services, we specialize in large national automobile after-market products, such as creditors insurance, GAP insurance and cutting-edge reporting and financial services technologies that enable a minimum amount of administration, with maximum amount of return.
We’re a close-knit group that thrives on mutual respect and stays true to our core values of purpose, authenticity, commitment and teamwork. Whether we are developing a new program, servicing an existing client or settling a claim, we always aim to go beyond expectations. If we see something that needs doing, we do it, whether or not it’s our job. We operate on the basis of honesty, fairness and integrity and we value purpose, authenticity, commitment and teamwork. Here you will have the opportunity to learn something new every day. You’ll be part of a team that’s the best at what they do and the best colleagues that you’ll ever have because that’s what we look for in everyone we hire. Thanks to you, our company is a great place to work and a great partner for our customers.
As a Claims Administrator you will be administering claims related to insurance products in the automotive finance sector. You will be responsible for resolving claims according to best practices and within predetermined authority limits. In this role you will provide claim support to customers and communicate with financial institutions, dealership personnel and other service providers.
- Providing customer service to both internal and external customers including Insurers, Financial Institutions, Dealers, Policy Holders, Wholesalers and our field team of Business Development Managers
- Examining claim forms and supporting documents submitted by Insurers, Dealerships and/or Financial Institutions
- Interpreting policy definitions, exclusions and preparing recommendations for proper customer service
- Researching various sources for assistance in verifying coverage and provide recommendations to Insurers with respect to all areas of the claims process
- Documenting all communications and correspondence with Dealers, Customers, Claims Representatives, Financial Institutions and Wholesalers
- Calculating and preparing settlement reports and recommendations to Insurers
- Preparing settlement letters to Financial Institutions to accompany settlement cheques
- Promptly handling inquiries from Customers, Dealers, Financial Institutions, Business Development Managers and Insurers with respect to the claims process, claim status, coverage and complaints
- High school diploma with College or University training and/or one year of experience required, preferably in a claims setting
- Fluency in French or a second language will be an asset
- Licensed as a RIBO. Or, a willingness to study and write the exam within the first year of employment.
- Proficiency with Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Access and Internet
What you bring:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to administer proper telephone protocol
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-starter, adaptable and reliable
- Willingness to collaborate as a strong team player
- Quality focused with a keen attention to detail
- Capable of developing strong knowledge of the principles and practices of the Claims department
- Ability to exercise good judgment, recognize scope of authority, and protect confidential information
We’ve described the essentials of what it takes to make things happen in this role. We strive to make it possible for people with disabilities to succeed here too, so if you have a disability, let us know what extra support you need, and we’ll make reasonable accommodations.
We offer a competitive compensation package, benefits and flexible work arrangements. If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume in confidence to Soňa Castellarin, Vice President, Human Resources at email@example.com .